- Crying and not settling
- Swallowing or gulping after burping or feeding
- Coughing or hiccupping when feeding
Dosage and Warnings
Bottle feed: Mix each sachet into 115ml of bottle feed. Shake well and feed the infant as normal. Once the feed is over, use a spoon or bottle to administer Gaviscon Infant.
Breast-feeding: Mix each sachet with a teaspoon of boiled yet cooled water. A smooth paste will form. Add 2 teaspoons of boiled, coiled water and mix. Partway through the feed, use a spoon or feeding bottle to administer.
One sachet is recommended for infants below 4.5 kilograms. Two sachets are recommended for infants above 4.5 kilograms. Do not administer more than 6 sachets over a period of 24 hours. If your baby is below the age of 1, consult with your doctor about the use of Gaviscon Infant.
- Do not use Gaviscon Infant with other feed thickening agents or infant milk preparations containing a thickening agent. Do not use more than the stated amount. Each sachet is security sealed. Do not use if damaged. Each sachet of Gaviscon Infant contains approximately 21mg (0.92mmol) sodium. If your infant has been put on a low sodium (salt) diet ask your doctor or other health professional before giving the product.
- Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (month/year).
- Always read the label.
- 225mg Sodium alginate (per 10 ml)
- 87.5mg Magnesium alginate (per 10 ml)
Mums and dads: reflux occurs after a feed for about 30% of babies below 1 year of age.
Why is this happening? Well, your baby’s gut is immature and the liquid diet is a contributing factor as well. While the problem normally resolves itself before your child’s first birthday, it can continue after this point too.
If it persists, we know how distressing it can be, which is why we’re here to help. Gaviscon Infant is specially formulated to stop baby reflux. The easy-to-use powder sachets can be mixed with water and given to babies during or after breastfeeding, or mixed with milk and given to babies who are relying on a formula.
Gaviscon Infant is designed to form a thickening gel, one that stabilises the stomach’s contents and reduces reflux episodes.
Easy to administer, Gaviscon Infant is sugar-free, and suitable for children between the ages of 1 and 2.
If your baby is under a year old, ask your doctor or pharmacist before administering Gaviscon Infant.