Dosage and Warnings
For oral use. Shake well before use. Adults and children over 12 years: take 10-20ml (two to four 5ml spoonfuls) after meals and at a bedtime, up to four times a day. Children under 12 years: not to be given unless recommended by doctor. If symptoms persist after 7 days consult your doctor.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- This medicine contains sodium, sodium bicarbonate and calcium. If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these salts please consult your doctor before taking these salts.
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (month/year).
- Always read the label
- Do not drink directly from the bottle
- Glass bottle – handle with care
- 500mg Sodium alginate (per 10 ml)
- 213mg Sodium bicarbonate (per 10 ml)
- 325mg Calcium carbonate (per 10 ml)
Double Action works
Gaviscon Double Action is the best-selling product in the Gaviscon family, and it earns this status for its effectiveness in providing relief from heartburn and indigestion. Gaviscon Double Action utilises more calcium carbonate with a higher level of antacid - giving you up to 2x longer relief than regular antacids.
Gaviscon Double Action gets to work instantly in two different ways:
- Through its antacid component, it neutralises excess stomach acid to help relieve discomfort.
- Through the alginate (refined from seaweed), it forms a protective barrier over the stomach contents to soothe the burning sensation in your chest and prevent reflux.
Gaviscon’s liquid formulation does not contain sugar or gluten, so you can take this product if you are pregnant or breast-feeding while enjoying dual relief from heartburn and indigestion.