Dosage and Warnings
For oral administration. Shake well before use. Adults and children 12 years and over: Take 10-20ml (two to four 5ml spoonfuls) after meals and at bedtime, up to four times a day. Children under 12 years: Should be given only on medical advice. Always read the label before taking this medicine.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (EXP: month/year shown).
- Contains sodium and calcium. If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these salts please consult your doctor before taking this product.
- See enclosed leaflet for further information.
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (month/year).
- Always read the label.
- 500mg Sodium alginate (per 10 ml)
- 267mg Sodium bicarbonate (per 10 ml)
- 160mg Calcium carbonate (per 10 ml)
Why change what’s worked for over 30 years? You can enjoy relief from heartburn today with Gaviscon’s most iconic formulation.
It all starts with sodium alginate. Refined from brown seaweed harvested from the shores of Norway, this effective formulation acts as a powerful barrier against discomfort and provides instant relief.
When the sodium alginate comes into contact with the irritating gastric acid, the alginate becomes a “raft”. It forms a protective barrier over your stomach contents, stopping acid from rising and soothing the burning sensation in your chest.
In short? You get fast relief from those unpleasant sensations that both heartburn and indigestion sufferers know so well.
The Gaviscon formulation does not enter the bloodstream. It’s a safe and effective product that’s free from gluten - with Gaviscon Original Liquid containing no sugar at all.
As a second line of protection, sodium bicarbonate and calcium carbonate act as antacids, countering the problematic acid in the process. The protective barrier lasts for up to 4 hours.
For fast and effective aid, Gaviscon Original has you covered.