Dosage and Warnings
For oral administration. If you’re using Gaviscon tablets, take two to four tablets after meals and at bedtime. Chew thoroughly before swallowing. Children under 12 years: not to be given unless recommended by doctor.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (EXP: month/year shown).
- Contains sodium and calcium. If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these salts please consult your doctor before taking this product.
- See enclosed leaflet for further information.
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (month/year).
- Always read the label.
- 250mg sodium alginate (per tablet)
- 5mg sodium hydrogen carbonate (per tablet)
- 160mg calcium carbonate (per tablet)
Why change what’s worked for over 30 years? You can enjoy relief from heartburn today with Gaviscon’s most iconic formulation.
It all starts with sodium alginate. Refined from brown seaweed harvested from the shores of Norway, this effective formulation acts as a powerful barrier against discomfort and provides instant relief.
When the sodium alginate comes into contact with the irritating gastric acid, the alginate becomes a “raft”. It forms a protective barrier over your stomach contents, stopping acid from rising and soothing the burning sensation in your chest.
In short? You get fast relief from those unpleasant sensations that both heartburn and indigestion sufferers know so well.
The Gaviscon formulation does not enter the bloodstream. It’s a safe and effective product that’s free from gluten - with Gaviscon Original containing no sugar at all.
As a second line of protection, sodium bicarbonate and calcium carbonate act as antacids, countering the problematic acid in the process. The protective barrier lasts for up to 4 hours.
For fast and effective aid, Gaviscon Original has you covered.