Dosage and Warnings
For oral use. When symptoms occur take two to four tablets after meal and at a bedtime, up to four times a day. Chew thoroughly before swallowing. Children under 12 years: not to be given unless recommended by doctor. If symptoms persist after 7 days consult your doctor.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- This medicine contains sodium, sodium bicarbonate and calcium. If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these salts please consult your doctor before taking these salts.
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (month/year).
- Always read the label
- 250mg Sodium alginate (per tablet)
- 106.5mg Sodium bicarbonate (per tablet)
- 187.5mg Calcium carbonate (per tablet)
Double Action works
Gaviscon Double Action is the best-selling product in the Gaviscon family, and it earns this status for its effectiveness in providing relief from heartburn and indigestion. Gaviscon Double Action utilises more calcium carbonate with a higher level of antacid - giving you up to 2x longer relief than regular antacids.
Gaviscon Double Action gets to work instantly in two different ways:
- Through its antacid component, it neutralises excess stomach acid to help relieve discomfort.
- Through the alginate (refined from seaweed), it forms a protective barrier over the stomach contents to soothe the burning sensation in your chest and prevent reflux.
Gaviscon’s liquid formulation does not contain sugar or gluten, so you can take this product if you are pregnant or breast-feeding while enjoying dual relief from heartburn and indigestion.